[personal profile] toadstooltea
>> G ( No Warnings ), Genfic, Ryousuke & Wataru.

It wasn't like him to be jealous.
#unrequited love, #angst

After the events of episode 02.  I ran out of steam by the end of writing this, idek


It wasn't like him to be jealous.

Some people called him hotheaded, some people called him selfish. Naturally, he wouldn't opt for those descriptors of himself, but he had to admit. When he wanted something, he did what he could to get it.

But this time... he was stuck.

It wasn't like he'd never liked a girl before. Actually, it was quite the opposite -- but this girl was magical. The way she smiled, the way her eyes glittered when she talked to him... it made his heart jump and his palms all sweaty and his mind spin like it never had before. He was one of Karasumori's fearless yankees, so the way he got all worked up when she look his way was a special kind of blasphemy. She was the kind of wholesome promised in breakfast cereals, with a voice and a smile one could only hope was served for desert.

Her name was Mari Satonaka and he wanted her.

But he was stuck.

Suddenly, a cacophony of metallic clangs broke his thoughts; then a creak and more rattling. The boy spun around to see his bed friend slipping through the chained-off fire exit door, a broad smile on his face.

"You're real quiet today."

Wataru's face hardened, the sharp lines of his features exaggerating the results of Ryousuke's unwillingness to share.

"She held your your hands today, didn't she?"

For a moment, Wataru's face flushed a crimson that matched the dyed spikes that had become his trademark, and Ryousuke was painfully reminded of the reason he was stuck yet again.

His best friend was in love with the same girl.

"But she likes someone else, I think," Wataru posits.

"You mean that up-tight second-year? Screw him, you're better."

"I'll beat him. I'll win in gymnastics. I'll win Mari-chan's heart!"

Ryousuke leaned over, sizing up the boy that was just as bruised and beaten as he was. As alike as they were, they managed to be completely different. was smart, athletic, and charismatic with the slightest of efforts. Wataru was different. Only one thing came natural to him: the drive to do. He was as clumsy as Ryousuke was graceful, brutish as he was clever. The only leg up that Wataru Azuma had was...

...was heart.

Maybe that was the most important.

No matter how good at things Ryousuke was, he was the one that got into trouble, and Wataru was the one to save him, in more ways than one. The blond traced along a cut on the side of his face and looked out over the school field.

No, Ryousuke shook his head. That was be the only thing that could win a girl like Mari.

He leaned over the railing, breathing in the salty sea air.  It was going on years they've known each other, but there was something different about Wataru, something better.

"I bet you will."


Profile

toadstooltea: (Default)
toadstooltea

Intro

Hi, my name is Lee, and I write horrible stories about dead Japanese fandoms. I post here before I post to my AO3 and FFnet account for reasons, including not wanting to post drafts / deadfic elsewhere.

Style Credit